About the Trust
The Fletcher Trust is an independent registered charitable trust with a strong historical connection to the development of New Zealand. The Trust informs and supports New Zealanders to continue the best traditions of educational, social, cultural, and business innovation.
History of the Trust
Angus Fletcher joined the trust as deputy chairman in 1998 and became executive chairman in 2007. In addition to his work for the Fletcher Trust, Angus is trustee for a number of charities and has been appointed to a number of advisory boards and councils.
About the Trustees
The archive contains a historically significant record of the work of generations of New Zealanders. It provides an insight into New Zealand business development since the 1840s, particularly in the building and construction, forestry, pulp and paper, and energy sectors.
Visit the Archive website
The Fletcher Collection is one the largest curated private collections of New Zealand art. The Trust makes these works available to the public online, and in specially curated exhibitions initiated by the Trust or public art galleries.
Visit the Collection website
Fletcher House, Broad Bay
The Fletcher House at Broad Bay was the first building built by James Fletcher after he went into business in Dunedin in 1909. The house, which is open to the public, was restored by the Trust and is preserved in commemoration of James Fletcher.
More about this house
The Trust’s philanthropic focus is education and youth development. The trust supports programmes that enrich the lives of young New Zealanders and their communities.
Nine clubs for Fletcher Challenge retirees throughout New Zealand are supported by the Trust.
Find a club near you